Sunday, December 11, 2005

What this is about


I've had a Palm Treo 650 for a few months, and after a bit of noodling with all the bells and whistles I'd settled into a routine of relatively limited use for all its functions.

But lately I've been fascinated with its little camera, and have started shooting things around L.A. that strike me as interesting visually to see how they come out. What got me thinking about it seriously is the image at right, a shot of the sunset as I was driving home one fall night West on Franklin Avenue. It struck me as a typical sort of L.A. thing - the cars, the sunset, the palm trees. Then my brother pointed out that it was more typically L.A. for being shot with a cell phone.
I started looking at these images in a new way, and went back to one I'd taken a few days earlier of my son climbing out a friend's pool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home