Monday, September 10, 2007

Back to the Phone

I've been a bit lax about yanking out the phone to shoot anything - and that was, after all, what got this whole process started. One reason might be that having the SLR nearby makes the choice not to use the Treo's camera pretty easy.

I was stopped at a light the other day and saw this, on Santa Monica heading east toward Sunset in East Hollywood. The Nikon would have rendered the detail far better and given me a bit more control over the composition. A few things drew me to the image: there was the light and shadow, which draws me to just about all my photos, and the framing of the guns drawn billboard between the sign tacked up on the telephone pole (which can't be read with the Treo's resolution) extolling the virtues of Jesus and the cross off to the right.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home