Monday, December 12, 2005

The car


This being Los Angeles, I spend more time in the car than I do on foot. There was a time when I kept a camera in the car, looking for interesting things as they struck me (or waiting to get rear-ended and catch the hit-and-run driver). But being in a hurry seems to go hand-in-hand with being in the car, along with a certain amount of inconvenience in terms of stopping. It also happens that if I see something interesting it is generally from the perspective of the center of the street. All those things added up to having little use for the camera. Enter the 650. It's sitting there next to me anyway, relatively easy to engage.

There has always been something about Sunset Boulevard heading out of downtown on the way to Hollywood. Maybe it's the grittier mix of architecture, businesses and people, but I really like it. The Brite Spot restaurant looks like one of those places that's easier to romanticize for not having gone there, but I like the way it's tucked into its lot against a much larger context. And I'm almost always stuck at a red light there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home