Sunday, August 13, 2006

A New Direction

After a six-month layoff (respect your local full-time blogger - this can be a very time consuming endeavor) and the addition of some new tools, I've been re-energized enough to revive this effort.

There has been a progression from the Treo digital camera to a full-bore Nikon digital SLR followed by a hard left that brought me back to film in the form of the Holga, a "toy" camera (http://www.theverb.com/Holga/camera_links.htm). The Holga, a medium format camera, is known for its poor plastic lens and the unfortunate habit the rear panel has of popping off, exposing all your film. Luck, and the electricians tape that came with the camera, have helped me avoid that, and I've been thrilled with the results - particularly of the black and white images.

I've been so happy with the results - the immediacy of the digital cameras is extraordinarily gratifying, but film is just so much richer - that a medium format SLR is on the way.

Unfortunately, Blogger doesn't allow me to file by subject, so headers will have to suffice for IDing which camera was used. And while I expect 95 percent of these images will be of and about Los Angeles, there may be the rare addition from points elsewhere, as travel dictates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home