Friday, November 10, 2006

Return of the Holga


OK, I guess this is what it was meant to do. The sharp(ish) images it first gave me were a tease. The image above was shot on the street near Senor Fish downtown, and I have no idea what got in the way at the bottom - or if anything did.


This image is a true Holga product, at least judging by all those Holga sites on the Web. An editor I used to know in New York, a publisher of photo books for Norton, was something of an amateur photographer himself. He showed me some pictures once that he took - literally shot from the hip - of unsuspecting passersby and I thought I'd give it a shot here with the unobtrusive Holga. Two things about that: More people on the streets in New York, makes for more opportunities; a quiet Leica or something like that will actually et you see the people you're shooting. But anyway, I thought my fading Holga gave me a cool one, shot on the street near Parker Center. A caution, again: these were scanned from the contact sheet.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home