Monday, December 12, 2005

Not everything works





Despite being car-bound most of the time I'm out, I do get a chance to go out on foot downtown once in a while. Not far from the office, they are demolishing the old CalTrans building. The old Ficus have been preserved, and they hung netting across the frame of the old building to, I imagine, help keep debris from flying all over. I was struck by the image of the green trees against the dark tarp. With a better camera - a better lens and better control over the aperture, this might have been a good photo. As it is, it was a lesson in the limitations of the Treo's camera. Interestingly, the camera tends to work better in low light - even no light in some cases - than it does in bright sun

One example of that, taken a day or two after the CalTrans experiment, is a picture of City Hall taken - again from the car as I was stopped at a light - on the way home from work. In this case, the limitations of the fixed aperture and shutter speed make for an interesting photo, I think. The result is among my favorite images taken with the little machine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home