Thursday, October 25, 2007

Old School

I've had the same roll of Tri-X in the Canon for a number of months, and I finally rolled it out. It's always a bit of a surprise, in this case a pleasant one, to see images whose capture is long-since forgotten come back from processing. This one, shot at a strip mall on Hollywood Boulevard near Normandie, is of more recent vintage. In the coming days I'll throw up some shot over the last few months, dating back to the summer when I was spending more time downtown.

A couple notes on film. A few posts ago I discussed my black-and-whiting of a digital image shot on the Nikon. Now, this image is a machine print - since I'm scanning and posting, I ask Nardulli, where I have my processing done, to do the prints instead of a contact sheet - and it could use a personal touch, maybe dodging a bit around the boy's head and the SUV below. But still, the richness of film is something I haven't seen digital match yet. Yes, they pop - especially on a crisp computer screen - but I'm still left wanting. The next test will be color, in the form of some no-name stuff I bought at the 99 Cent store, just to see how the color would play.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home